I am so close to launching the Online Exhibit I can almost taste it. As of right now, all of the pages on the site look and behave the way I want them to. I just have a few technical details to work out and some text to polish.
Uploading items to the exhibit is going well. I’m figuring out some pretty cool tricks that I can do with OpenCollection.
I’ve also run ABBY Fine Reader 8 (an OCR program) on many of the articles and other documents and created PDFs (with mostly clean OCR) for many of them which I’m including in the Exhibit.
If all goes well, I plan to launch the Online Exhibit on Tuesday.
I also decided to simplify my cataloging. I realized that it did not make sense to separate letters from paper documents, so I folded them into the paper documents category. I’ve updated my Naming Schema to reflect this.